President to insurgents: pick NGO as mediator ‘We’re for talks with Niger Delta militants’ The Federal Government will dialogue with bonafide leaders of Boko Haram to bring back the abducted Chibok girls, President Muhammadu Buhari has said. The “...
Nigerian News Headlines
President Buhari has reiterated the preparedness of the Federal Government to discuss the release of the Chibok girls kidnapped by Boko Haram terror group since 2014. In an interview with journalists in Nairobi, Kenya at the weekend, President Buh...
Some prominent Nigerians have been named as beneficiaries of the $1.092b Malabu oil deal. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC) is investigating the scandal. A businessman, who is being grilled by the EFCC over the deal, is believed...
The Civil Liberties Organisation (CLO) has condemned the brazen murder and killing of innocent citizens in some South-East communities by suspected herdsmen. The Chairman of CLO in the South East, Mr Aloysius Attah, said in a statement that the ki...
•Properties destroyed Homes and roads were yesterday flooded in many parts of Lagos as a 13-hour rain pounded the city. The Southwest witnessed one of the heaviest rains in recent times. It destroyed properties worth millions of naira. From Osun t...
Some communities in Niger state have been ravaged by flood following rainfall that lasted well over 24 hours. The rainfall began on Friday August 26th and did not stop until late Saturday August 27th. Many farmlands in the affected communities hav...
Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno state has officially renamed the Baga road in Maiduguri after Alhaji Aliko Dangote following his unceasing […] The post Dangote Offers more support to Borno IDPs appeared first on Independent Newspapers Limited.
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has warned syndicates planning to stage protest, using Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), in order to undermine the existing peaceful atmosphere in the state, to desist from doing so or face t...
The nine commercial banks barred by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) from the interbank foreign-exchange market may be fined, analysts at Lagos-based CSL Stockbrokers Limited said at the weekend. Other financial experts also estimated that althou...
Latest Nigerian News
- Why investors shy away from unit trust schemes in Nigeria sun news, about 1 hour ago
- CBN suspension: Bank stocks sustain sliding profile sun news, about 1 hour ago
- Eliminate subsidies, fix power to grow economy, Sanusi urges Buhari sun news, about 1 hour ago
- Power outage mars flight operations at MMIA sun news, about 1 hour ago
- FG to establish dry port in Kaduna sun news, about 1 hour ago
- More Latest News Items..
- Movie producer, Emem Isong and hubby dedicate their twins linda ikeji, about 2 hours ago
- Beyonce and her daughter Blue Ivy stun on the red carpet of the 2016 VMAs linda ikeji, about 3 hours ago
- Chika Ike shares bedroom photo linda ikeji, about 3 hours ago
- Red Carpet moments from the 2016 MTV VMAs linda ikeji, about 3 hours ago
- As seen in sapele Delta state linda ikeji, about 3 hours ago
- More Entertainment News Items..
- Eagles to face Akwa Utd in friendly game the nation, about 3 hours ago
- Troost-Ekong hits Eagles camp today the nation, about 3 hours ago
- Mikel joins Eagles camp Tuesday the nation, about 3 hours ago
- Eagles open camp for Tanzania the nation, about 3 hours ago
- NPFL: 3SC mauls Kano Pillars 4-0 in Ibadan daily post, about 6 hours ago
- More Sports News Items..